Thursday, April 07, 2005

yelling Radio belly! Cat shovel!

[Listening to: Jockey Full of Bourbon - Tom Waits - Beautiful Maladies - The Island Years (2:47)]

Hmmm. Last night I ended up falling asleep a little past 8pm, and waking up at 7am. The funny thing is that I apparently turned off the TV, AC and opened the window at some point, but have no recollection of it.

I think my body was trying to tell me something. This morning, I woke up, and a bit later realized that it was the first time in a month or more, maybe 2, that I had woken up not feeling exhausted already. Could just be me, but that's Not Right. Today, though, was right, and I felt so much more able to deal with the world than I did yesterday. Not saying everything is peachy keen oh can't you just hear the little birds chirping, but I can deal. This is a start. I know where to put my feet.

I can laugh, now, that two weeks ago I was thinking like "oh, I had a good long cry and now everything is magically better." *thunks head on table* Yeah, it was going to be that easy. Dumbass.

Yesterday, no writing to speak of. See first paragraph. Today, got some work done on next scene, which is the first requiring deep, huge changes. Coming together nicely, I think. So want this draft done. Want to share share share.

I've also been annoying some folks with an odd question, and thought I'd post it here, too, for everyone to ponder upon -- if, say, you were feeling poetic, and found yourself wondering what flower a star would smell like -- which flower would it be? It has to be a smell that, well, carries -- no light scent here that you only pick up close to the flower, but something that would fill the air. It can't be jasmine. If I told you why I'd have to kill you. You'll see when you read the story. Part of me wonders if there are some good night-blooming flowers that would fit the bill, since, you know, stars come out at night.

As a final note, I just gotta say -- yoga was transcendent tonight. And I'm rather happy because today I got asked if I had lost weight, and tonight achieved something in yoga I haven't been able to do in butt forever. I'm becoming one Right Sexy Bastard. And this Right Sexy Bastard is going to go to bed now.

2 Comments:

At 12:51 pm, Blogger abstract gecko said...

night-blooming cereus - of course! our friend dan has this patch of them - maybe 20 x 30 feet, and we were up at his place one night when maybe 100 blooms were going off (each only opens for one night - so that was quite a night!) and i tell you what - man - just knock you on the floor it was so heavenly - and yeah, i meant to use that word. the other great thing about it and the reference to the stars as you put it, is that there were some many - you just didn't see one - just like you never really see only one star. maybe he'll have a great crop again this year....

 
At 11:03 am, Blogger rie said...

what he said. this is what popped into my head as i read your entry. completely alien smell, those flowers have. wild. strange. intoxicating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home